Pen drives are small, cute and attractive. Their compact size and yet great capacities have made your work so easy and fast. Even fashion has embraced them with open arms that you can flaunt your stylish pen drive as a fashion accessory as well. If you still haven’t got one or are game to make a whole collection of pen drives, you will not be disappointed. There is a great variety of pen drives available in the market. Online, on the discount websites, you will find stylish and small pen drives in many vibrant colours and designs. Here are a few tips on how to buy pen drives online.
- Decide about the capacity of pen drive before buying. The pen drives are available in the capacities of 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB and so on. You may think about your needs and then decide about buying one. If you want to carry a few MSWord or excel files, then a pen drive of 2GB will be enough for you. If you want to carry heavy multimedia or software files, then you will have to think about buying pen drives of high capacity, such as 16 or 32 GB.
- The speed of the pen drives is very important if you are going to use them on a regular basis. Go for good technology pen drives that open up promptly once inserted into the system and do not hang.
- Choose a pen drive that supports maximum operating systems or at least the common ones, such as Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X v10.5+.
- Check the manufacturers’ warranty before buying pen drives. It should at least be one year and can go up to five years.
- Read the reviews of the pen drives. These days there are a lot of renowned companies in this sector. You can choose from Seagate pen drives, Strontium pen drives, Verbatim pen drives, Moserbaer pen drives and many others.
- Pen drives come in different shapes and designs. Think about buying the one that is easy to carry and fast to use. It should slide easily in your pocket and shouldn’t be so small that it misses your eye.
- You can decide the pen drives with slide-in feature if you think that you might misplace the cap while using it in a hurry.
- If fashion is on your mind, go for round pen drives or aluminum body pen drives that can be used as a pendant in a chain and worn as a necklace. You can also use them as a keychain.
Buy the pen drives only after being very sure that the price you are paying for it is the lowest. You can check the online daily deals websites to know the price they are offering the pen drives at.